Starting to pack! Excitement levels rising. Until I listened to the weather forecast which is predicting snow. Now, snow is good. I like snow. I'm hoping to see lots of it next week and even to make snow angels. What I do not want, however, is for airports in the UK to close down because 2mm of snow has landed on the runway. So, while jumping on my suitcase and medicating a dog who's decided to have a skin complaint just before I travel (I think they do it on purpose), I'm keeping one eye on the weather forecast and one eye on the overcast sky. I can't smell snow coming, but the airport is more than 200 miles away, so... I begin to think my travel plans are fated; two years ago, I was delayed by Icelandic ash, the year before by an Indonesian volcano. This time, the lights I'm looking for have come to visit me at home. Will we make it to our destination on the day we expect, or will we be sleeping on the floor of the departure lounge...
I really hope you both make it but the weather forecast doesn't look good for the UK. Flying out of one of the London airports on time could be a challenge. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteFinnair hasn't been cancelled - we're not going to entertain the possibility (unless it happens)!
ReplyDelete