I thought I should check whether I needed winter sports insurance cover, so I phoned my travel insurance provider. Other people have been told only skiing or skating counts as a 'winter sport'. Not my travel provider, it seems - even using snowshoes to walk to your neighbour's house if it's very snowy is classed as a 'winter sport'. The premiums are outrageous. I have decided to avoid using a snow mobile as they wanted more for the premium than I paid for the entire annual policy! As my policy doesn't cover me for travel in North America or the Caribbean, the young man I spoke to told me that I would need to pay an additional cost if I wanted to participate in winter sports in Jamaica. I fear he wasn't being ironic...
So, Rudolf had better look out - I've paid my premium, so as well as dog sledding, I'll be riding reindeer to make sure that I take advantage of everything I'm covered for (actually, I'm probably not covered for sitting on a reindeer's back, come to think of it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment